This theatre piece pays special attention to the two-sided emotions of the main characters, using two actors each to play Doruntina and Konstantini. Konstantini is persuasive on the exterior, yet sorrowful with burden inside, performed by Kevin Chu in English and Eshref Durmishi in Albanian respectively. The four actors from Kosovo, speaking in Albanian, provide the mood and heighten the emotional backdrop of this faraway land likely unknown to a New York theatre audience.
The mother, performed by Ilire Vinca Celaj, is memorable both in her native tongue and in English during her lonesome monologue in the graveyard. Choose your country's store to see books available for purchase. See if you have enough points for this item.
- Le Retour de Doruntine - Soirées d’Été du Château de Machy.
- CLEP Chemistry (CLEP Test Preparation): 2.
- Choose your language, choose your city.
- Hearty Vegan Meals for Monster Appetites: Lip-Smacking, Belly-Filling, Home-Style Recipes Guaranteed to Keep Everyone-Even the Meat Eaters-Fan.
- Stanford Libraries?
- A Christmas Carol.
- Beach Foodie: Blissful Eating to MAXIMIZE Life Force ENERGY.
Sign in. The Republic of Thieves. Scott Lynch. The Secret History. Stephanie Thornton. Umberto Eco. One for Sorrow.
- Doruntine - AbeBooks - Ismail Kadare: .
- Off-Off-Broadway Theater Review: DORUNTINE (Blessed Unrest and Teatri ODA at The Interart Theatre).
- Doruntine and The Palace of Dreams, Ismail Kadare - Waggish.
Mary Reed. The Last Roman: Vengeance. Jack Ludlow. Sprague de Camp. Michael Gorra. Dream of Scipio. Iain Pears. Runaway Dream. Louis P. Two for Joy. Portal of a Thousand Worlds. Dave Duncan. Agent of Byzantium. Harry Turtledove. Five For Silver. Darrell Schweitzer. Four For A Boy. Rail Gun.
Constantin and Doruntinë
Jonathan Moeller. Patrick Leigh Fermor. Nine for the Devil. Richard Blake. Kalpa Imperial. Memoirs Found in a Bathtub. Stanislaw Lem. A Bright Power Rising. Noel Coughlan. Voltaire's Calligrapher. Pablo De Santis. Up the Line.
Doruntine : a novel (Book, ) [privatsecve.tk]
Robert Silverberg. The Confessions of X. Suzanne M. Robert Dixon.
Gather, Darkness! Fritz Leiber. Evelyn Waugh.
The Body in the Mithraeum. Dennis Wheatley. The story, an adaptation of an Albanian legend as retold in a novel by Ismail Kadare, is of a young bride who crosses unspecified mythical distances to be with her husband. Suddenly, she is summoned back by the fondest of her nine brothers, with whom she shares a perhaps too-cozy bond.
Where does the legend part come in? Turns out the brother has been dead for three years.
This mystery is explored by a hardworking, white-clad ensemble of actor-dancers who use their bodies both as set pieces and as barometers of emotional intensity.